I was born in 1967. Television was always a part of my life, along with cars and many other modern conveniences.
I have often wondered though, if human life was obliterated today and started over from scratch, what would it be like? How would the new world look? (We are removing religion from this conversation, this is all theoretical and for conversational purposes only. Also, as part of the obliteration, all material things that are in the world now disappeared.)
- Would automobiles be invented one day? Or, would some other form of transportation have been invented that was even more efficient than cars?
- Would electronic communications exist as they do today? Cable TV?
- Would sugar and processed foods dominate diets yet again?
- Would gold still be the ‘standard’, or would some other commodity be of higher value?
- Would body piercings and tattoos be popular?
- Would clothes evolve again from conservative to more ‘revealing’? Or, would modesty be tossed out the window and clothes wouldn’t even be necessary? (Except in colder climates, of course.)
- Would people get married? What would the family unit look like?
- What sports would be played, if any? Or, would nobody even care about competition?
- Would prejudice exist, or would everyone be treated equally from the very beginning?
- Would there be more or less crime than there is today?
Do you think that even better things would exist if our thinking wasn’t somewhat confined by the way our world operates today? Have you often wondered what human kind would look like if we started all over again? Or, do I just have too much time on my hands?