I am on a mission…
A mission to get rid of extraneous things in my life.
I will be streamlining my activities. I pledge to do the following:
- On the computer, I will answer email and tend to my blog. Useless statistic checking (for my blog) and non-value-added surfing will be held to a minimum. Facebook will be viewed once or twice a day. (Unless something really exciting is going on, like someone is in labor or something.)
- I am deleting or filing all email as soon as it is read. No more than 20 items in my inbox ever again.
- I am unsubscribing (email) to everything I do not read everyday. Goodbye notices from restaurants and the like. Email clutter is no longer going to be a part of my life.
- I am going to research how to reduce the flow of junk mail that arrives in my mailbox. (If you know how to do this, please comment.)
- Miscellaneous postal-mail will no longer grace my kitchen counter top. Mail will either be recycled or filed as soon as it enters my home.
- I am turning off my notifications from Facebook that tell me when a thread I commented on is updated.
It is so easy to waste time ‘rehandling’ things, be it email, regular mail, whatever. I don’t want to waste anymore time. I am going to do an overhaul that will hopefully pay off in many ways. So, if you send me an email or comment on my blog, you may not get an immediate response. However, I am guessing you really aren’t waiting on pins and needles to get my response in the first place!
Do you have any other streamlining suggestions? What works for you? What areas am I missing? I am curious to see how much ‘new’ time I will gain in each day!